This month’s SAL features an original pattern in time for St. Patrick’s Day. I’m not personally of Irish descent but I do have an Aunt that’s Irish and I can never get enough of green embroidery floss! To everyone who loves the green.. here we go!
1 8″ x 8″ swatch of fabric
Size 9 embroidery needle
Embroidery floss in your choice of colors
Tips and Tricks:
- I’ll be using two threads throughout the design – possibly three.
Stitches I think I’ll be using in this design include:
- Back Stitch – for the lettering
- Long & Short Stitch – on the clover
- Sheaf Stitch – on the circle going around the design
- You should use whatever stitches you prefer or try something new!
Want to know how to do the Sheaf stitch? Here ya go:
Be sure to add pics of both your work in progress and your completed pieces on Instagram and tag #NewLeafSAL so we can all see what everyone is getting up to!
Most importantly, have fun!
Wanna see how I’m doing? Visit my Instagram Profile!
Here’s your pattern for March:
Stitchalong patterns are © New Leaf Stitchery and are for personal use only.
Please do not sell items made with this pattern.